Social Icons

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Prof Jorge Entrep is Just a Year Old Netizen

Promoting Entrepreneurial Revolution

 As I reviewed my ppt presentation at Slideshare I saw the date April 2011. I realized that it has been only a year since I learned how to use the computer.  I used to ask my daughter make my ppt lectures or company assistant to open my emails.  My emails were largely unanswered.  Talk about social media -  naaah. FB?  FlickR . What are they.

But reviewing the year that I passed, these were the things that I was able to do:    opened accounts at Slideshare, Flickr, LinkIn, Twittter, FB and is connected to most of them.  I was able to open 3 personal blog accounts at blogspot,  2 at Wordpress, and 4 corporte blogs.    Some of the blogs at the 27,000 page views all ready (this blog) with over 800 blogposts.

I managed to have articles at Google search under 3 names numbering more than l0 pages each, from nothing. Since I am Googleable, therefore I exist.  (to paraphrase Descartes)

Did I manage to create value for myself?  In terms of PHP it is nada Zero.  But I gained a lot of IT ( I learned a great deal on widgets, linking, HTML posting,posting pictures and videos) knowledge and create a new body of knowledge and contributed to the growth of knowledge perhaps (the academe does not  recognize blogs as research).  In so far as the teaching is concerned, I think this added to the novelty of my classes,  increased learning of the student.

The main point is I followed the must for every human on earth:  it is about getting better.  It is about improving oneself.  It is about being useful to all other humans.

Yes, old dogs can learn new tricks.


No comments:

Post a Comment