Social Icons

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Factors Paper - M080037

Dr. Eduard Morato wrote about the demands of mastering entrepreneurship: the logical and the creative thinking. Dr. Morato goes further to identify specific qualities which I believe everyone possesses. However, the use of each in certain situations set apart one as an entrepreneur. Quickly, the heart of an entrepreneur is driven by passion. Specifically, the fire to create something of benefit and keep on creating. He says that "the critical ingredient for perseverance and sustainability is an entrepreneur's passion. We all are passionate about something. Until we find a way to marry passion and money making, we, then, cannot be a good entrepreneur. Either entrepreneurs are born or made makes no difference. The key is to find what is it you are passionate about and get on that road. The "big" entrepreneurs have the passion of making an idea into an enterprise, that's their passion, and thus their enterprise grow. I would rate mine, my passion is in books, gadgets, and computers. I can go on for days comparing one with another. And there lies my passion.

An entrepreneur's mind sees a positive spin in the midst of a crisis. Similar to Jose Campos who started Unilab in the post world war era and transformed it to a pharmaceutical giant it is today. As the chinese proverb say, in every crisis is an opportunity. It is how one sees the situation that defines a good entrepreneur. I, however, believe that there is merit in worrying about the problem. It is the attitude and courage to face the issues in spite of seeing all the negative aspect of a situation. Being immobilized by the situation is always bad. Always take action.

To think clearly and effectively is a determining quality of a good entrepreneur. The MBA skills and the interaction with able professors continue to sharpen my skills. To keep learning and analyzing produces a mind able to think fast. With the aid of advisers and technology, this factor is ably addressed. Execution is key, not extensive thinking... that is not to say that thinking and analyzing is not important but paralysis by analysis is a common fault.

An organized mind and working style clears the mind for more creative ideas. A man's work ethic, diligence, and dedication is closely related to passion. One cannot be lazy or be confused by all the details that can cloud an entrepreneur's vision. This is adequately alleviated by good work and organization techniques and an unmatched diligence. However, hard work alone does not determine success in being an entrepreneur. There are situations where there are too many factors to consider that there is hardly an opportunity to be clear. Intuition, of Gut Feel is needed for some decisions. The courage to face adversity and act based on conviction is necessary. Otherwise, doubt and confusion will continue to hold you back till the opportunity has passed. As they say, strike when the iron is hot.

The ability to lead and make people into believers and followers is critical for relationship building and networking. This is also needed in leading the business towards change or to an endeavor. Most important here is to care and to "read" people. This, I believe, is my best asset. However, effective communication can be addressed by my life partner. Together, we fill our individual holes.

I believe I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. My passion will drive me, my education will help me grow, intuition will propel me to new territories, and God will make me succeed in anything He causes me to undertake.3

No comments:

Post a Comment