Social Icons

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Factor Paper by Maica Sy


What is an entrepreneur?
An entrepreneur is an individual who is willing to take some sort of risks, usually financial in pursuit of new ideas or ventures. The word can apply to any person organizing a new project or opportunity, though it is most often used in a business context. A person in this role is often characterized as innovative, independent, optimistic, creative, and hard-working.

Creative Destruction
In some circles, entrepreneurs are described as "creative destructionists" of products and services. Although they may reinvigorate an existing industry by using new methods, whether of production, organization, or structure, they also work to tear down the existing companies and ways of doing business by developing entirely new products or services that make older variations obsolete or irrelevant. An example of this is the creation of the automobile, which slowly made most parts of the horse-drawn carriage industry obsolete.


What is it like to be an entrepreneur?

Many people think entrepreneurship is all about innovation and breakthrough ideas. Not so, says Seattle-area tech entrepreneur Naveen Jain, founder and CEO of Intelius Inc. He believes true entrepreneurial success comes from superior execution – doing a great job of "blocking and tackling."
But what else does it take to succeed as an entrepreneur? Here are five of 10 points Jain cited in a recent article on Net.com, CBS's online business channel.

1. Maintain focus on your mission

I have always set this in my mind: I want to be on top. I'm getting there. My mission is to become the most famous entrepreneur in the whole world. And by that, I am suppose to be focused on the things I am doing today.

2. Trust your gut

Decision making in the real world is sometimes risky. As a person, I am aggressive that for me, it's all or nothing. I'll do my best and pray for the rest. You have to trust yourself and believe that anything is possible.

3. Be flexible but persistent

I am committed to the mission of my business because sometimes success is waiting right across from the transitional bump that's disguised as failure.

4. Rely on your team

No individual can be good at everything. "Find the smartest people you can who complement your strengths," says Jain. Many entrepreneurs hire people who are like themselves, he says: "the trick is to find people who are not like you but who are good at what they do, and what you can't do."

I am a team player in wherein I also listen with their suggestions and opinions. No man is an island, we all have to be with someone to be with, to learn from each other and to share your knowledge and skills as well.

5. Enjoy the journey


Destination is secondary, what matters most is the journey of life. Experience is the best teacher. All of that could mold you into someone you've never think you will become. Adventure is something that I crave. I want stimulus, I want motion, I want action. I am the person that won't stop from doing things. I never get satisfied as long as I know there's something more for me.

 

Features and qualities of a good entrepreneur


An entrepreneur shall have the following features and qualities to be considered a good or great entrepreneur.

1. Brain – I am an advanced thinker. I know how to predict the future.  I organize objectives and set procedures to achieve my objectives.

2. Hands –

I am able to handle my people and put them in the right places.

3. Mouth – to communicate and convince

I have the wisdom to communicate. I say what is just and honest. I know how to convince people.

4. Eyes – to see to it

I have to see things twice. I monitor and check the business activity to ensure that they are running the way I want it to be.

5. Ears – to spy

I study my competitors. I analyze them to come up with greater products and services that will serve my customers better.

6. Nose – to smell danger
I am vigilant that I look around the surroundings. I always look for incoming dangers so I could prevent them an d come up with  a contingency plan.


7. Skin – to protect

I can protect and watch for the business, employees and consumers.  I am, very particular with the wellness of my employees. And I feel terrible if customers are not satisfied.

8. Heart – to love and create good relationship
I keep real good relationships with employees, co-owners, investors, creditors, debtors and customers.

9. Feet – to stand
I stand firmly in the midst of trouble. I am not a quitter.

10. Spirit – to live
I am faithful and I believe in myself .3

No comments:

Post a Comment