Social Icons

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Factors Paper by Leia Pichay

Leia Lizette R. Pichay
SPENTREP

July 30, 2012

Factors I possess that make me a Business Entrepreneur

Since I was a kid, my cousins and I love to play and pretend that we are owners of a mall.  I would usually be the one handling the money or doing the sales for the store.  In high school, I started to have small business ventures.  I sold ballpens that I decorate with ribbons, furs and other colorful stuff to make it unique when was in first year.  Then in second year to fourth year, I was engrossed in baking and experimenting on recipes just by reading cookbooks and watching TV shows. I sold different pastries like blueberry cheesecake and butterscotch to my schoolmates.  I earned some amount that helped me buy the things that I need and want like clothes and accessories.  From that moment, I dreamed of becoming a businesswoman.

To help me in my dream to become a businesswoman, I went to Ateneo de Manila University and took a course that would help me in Management and Business.  Upon graduation, I worked asan employee in Security Bank Cards for five years.  Now, I work for our family enterprise, Celsus Pharmaceuticals Philippines, Inc.  On the side, I have an events management company that handles event coordination for weddings and debuts.  I also join bazaars
and had been an exhibitor in the Franchise Expo 2012 for the livelihood project I have which is TATAK LANUZA AGSAM CRAFTS. 
From my studies and work experiences, I can say that I have the qualities thatpossess a business entrepreneur.  Also, based from the checklist that I saw in the Internet, I believe that I have the following traits / qualities:
1.   Able to do many things at once
I can multitask and able to do many things at once.  I can manage my activities and do them effectively and on time. Currently, I handle events coordination, a livelihood project in one community in Surigao and I work as an employee. 
2.   Creative and has dreams and goals
I have dreamed of becoming a businesswoman since I was a kid.  I am creative and I'm able to show my creativity in my events planning by sharing my ideas to couples from the concept of their wedding down to the littlest detail of decors for the thank you card or name cards for the tables.
3.   Is motivated by a strong desire to achieve and attain financial success
I dream to be financially stable and to have financial success for myself and my family and that keeps me motivated to work and do my best in what Ido.  Aside from the financial success, Ihave the strong desire to make others happy and to be able to share at least a little knowledge to other people.  In the long run, I want to be financially successful in order to help support a community or to set-up a social enterprise that not only I would benefit but others as well.
4.   Is a positive thinker who does not dwell on setbacks
I am able to turn the negative things into positive.  I see to it that I can still see a positive light even if I experience setbacks in life. I would not be easily defeated by the setbacks I have.  I can still focus my attention on the chances of success rather than chances of failure. There is still a smile in my face despite the sadness around. 
5.   Has strong work ethic, Disciplined and determined
I am responsible and organized when it comes to my work.   I keep track of my schedule and have a priority checklist of what to do.  When it comes to attendance, I am punctual andI desire to go to work and not make myself absent.  Even back in school I barely was late and absent.
6.   Open-minded
I am observant of things around me.  I love looking at different people,places and things.  Ideas come and go in my mind and I am open to anything around me that can help me focus on my goals.
7.   Self-starter
I am a self-starter ever since I was young.  If I see something needs to be done or repaired, I do the initiative already.  Idon't wait for people to tell me what to do and I am proactive.

Learning or assessing the traits I have, I believe that I can achieve my future goal of having my successful business.  I plan to have my own resort hotel to promote Philippine tourism.  I also want to have my own concept cafĂ© and shop where I can showcase my love for our country.  With the traits and skills I have and with the support of my family and friends, I hope to be a successful entrepreneur in the years to come. 3.5  <please edit your workl;   many of the words do not have spaces in this paper and I have to edit.  thanks>

No comments:

Post a Comment