Social Icons

Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Teacher's Day today

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship


I was greeted today "Happy Teacher's Day" by distinguished faculty of AGSB and AMSPH:   Dr. Efren Laxamana who holds 3 doctors degree:   l medical and 2 education PhD.  I was honored and flattered knowing from whom it came from.

He texted:  "Happy Teacher's Day.  Thank you for all the things you have taught me and done for me. More power 2u sir" How nice!  How thoughtful!  It makes all the endless nights checking papers and improving syllabus worth it.

Dr.  Laxamana happened to be a student for Regis entrepreneurship about decade ago.

I would say I am not worthy of this accolade as:   I am not really from academe, no teaching subjects, am really a businessman.  However, I would say the teaching methodologies I use are very unique.  On so many occasions our cluster chair rejected the revisions I made. And I said,  he must just let others teach if my syllabus is unacceptable

I hope in a a very small way, just like to Dr. Laxamana, this "teacher" made a better businessman/entrepreneur of past students;  and that I/and the students have done something for nation building.

No comments:

Post a Comment