Social Icons

Friday, March 8, 2013

Do bloggers like me make a heap on blogging?

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship

I am sure I will not get wealthy with this activity.  People have mistaken that people who blog make a bundle doing what they love to do.  Site appraiser (those who give value assessment) to this site give this site only several hundred dollars (not even a thousand dollars) and about $2.00 a day revenue estimate. (P80.00 per day --> still part of the bottom of the pyramid)  At $0.02 per click, that should be the amount this site would earn from the clicks if this were part of Adsense.  But this is not part of Adsense.  Blogger rejected my application for Adsense.

I could not even recoup the cost of the laptop (P30,000) and the Nikon camera (P4,000)!

Maybe you get more money from Squiddo who pays up to $50.00 per good article;  and $5.00 per ordinary article.

It is only Google/blogger who makes money from my efforts and the readers who learn more on how to become better entrepreneurs:   reduce costs, and sell more.

And the number of pageviews/readers -  they make me feel rich...

It is only a matter of time that I will get tired of writing about my experience as entrepreneur, experiences in the classroom, and get back to  wealth/value creation as an entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment