Social Icons

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Old Professors are not retired or recognized; they are not just given teaching loads anymore

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship

PHL   |  May 2013

I have two esteemed colleagues in teaching and we belong to the same cluster.  They teach well, they have high standards and follow the direction to make the education in this school one of the best.  In the process, they (and I) have agreed to fail certain students at the panel.  At times, we would be very agressive.

However, I do not see them anymore;  I learned they have not been given teaching loads anymore.

One had over 40 years of service; and was not given load because allegedly he shames student.   But I worked with the professor for almost ten years and I have not seen such an event.  The other also was not given teaching load again because he is keeps on forgetting (dementia)  They were not even given proper recognition

For someone who has a business and has other job, and whose objective is to leave a legacy to business wannabees, to be subjected to this kind of intrigues and administrative action this is uncalled for.

I will not wait for that day and be proactive Covey used to say

No comments:

Post a Comment