Social Icons

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Sulit founder and CEO is may "inaanak" pala!

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship

     Prof Jorge with RJ David, CEO and founder of Sulit at Angono Day awards night


Angono Rizal  PHL   August 19, 2013

I attended an awarding ceremonies which culminate the 75th (diamond) independence jubilee of Angono, Rizal my hometown.  As I was waiting for the program to start, one of the awardees for business (just like me but for IT) took my hand and said "Mano po ninong"  I was a little bit surprised and after some conversation learned, as I thought all along that he founded Sulit. He is RJ David, an inaanak.

And that we has awardee for Go Negosyo (where I am a lecturer) several times.  And I had conversation about SEO (of which my daughter is very much involved him)  Sulit is a very much admired local IT company.  He said he started it with his wife in Bloomingdale Homes subdivision (which I planned and helped build and sell).  And they started everything from scratch.

He sold the company to a South African company (a $5 billion annual revenue company which owns Craig partially) but retained the CEO title and 20% ownership.  He does not live anymore in Angono.  He lives in Ortigas where Sulit is now headquartered.

No comments:

Post a Comment