Social Icons

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

1000th post: My comments on the Pranav Case

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship


1000th blogpost
 
This is milestone on my blogging hobby.  This is my l000 article since April 2011.  I started being a netizen since that date.  On April ll, 2012, I made my first powerpoint:  intro to Entreprenuership. Prior to that, all my powerpoint lectures were made by my daughter.  The  number of that articles would be an equivalent of 5 books.  That would be over 2,000 pictures posted, and a lot of learning for me.  I learned plenty from this blogging.


                 


Pranav New York case 


Let it not be said that instructions, or mentoring on making a BP (worth 30 pts of the total grade) was not done.

l,  Business concept -  new 12, the ID creative activity, the conversation mapping, the brainstorming for green innovation.

2.  Business model -  Anton and Risha Tobias made a presentation on BM.  I made a ppt presentation last night on Business Model

3.   Business objectives:  I distributed hand outs from Dr. Morato's book on strategic management covering VMOKRAPI  and SPATRES.

4.  Making sales estimate:   the micromarket exercise and this Pranav are distinctive lessons on making sales estimate.  What is the basis for determining your sales projection?  Why do actual sales go haywire?   What are the mistakes in making sales estimate.?   Being in a good location like Robinson Galleria is not a guarantee for success.


              

Other important points:

Most students would like to analyze the problems as functional:  marketing, finance, operational but in reality, must be looked upon as strategic ie:  the whole business or the business model.

 The constraints in the problems solving/or the options must be weighed vs degrees of freedom or constraints. eg like transferring vs. forfeiture of lease deposits,  and time frame within which for Karlo to graduate by March.

PS -  The two decided to split the business into two:  Spa (now Apple Express and they have several about l0 franchise) and unisex salon.  What in the case pointed that this the right thing to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment