Social Icons

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Factors Paper by NC Str Regis

 

What factors I do  posses that make me a Business Entrepreneur.
As suggested by Professor Jorge, the writer did a self assessment through the web page ;http://www.mvp.cfee.org/en/selfassessskills.html.
In summary it was describe by the author "All entrepreneurs tend to share other, more general, skills such as communication, team-building, and creative-thinking skills. He added "try the assessment exercise below to find out how well you've developed the skills that successful entrepreneurs tend to use to start and grow their ventures.
Though as the author described this isn't a clinical assessment, this will give any aspiring entrepreneur idea of where his or her strengths are and which skills are needed to enhance.
Top of Form
Skill
Not Developed
Beginner
Quite Capable
Very Capable
creative thinking
(I find new ways to solve problems)
Planning and research
(I know how and where to find information and how to use it.)
decision making
(I study my option, then decide)
organization
(I set priorities and organize to achieve them)
communication (oral)
(I speak and present clearly and effectively)
communication (writing)
(I produce accurate, clear, error-free writing)
team building
(I know how to assemble, motivate, and empower an effective team)
marketing (selling)
(I know how to sell and can describe what selling involves)
financial management
(I know how to manage cash flow and how to read a bottom line)
record keeping
(I can identify and use business forms; file and record financial transactions)
goal setting
(I set and work toward short-, medium-, and long-term goals)
business management
(I can manage people effectively, delegate responsibility, and answer for the bottom line)
Upon clicking the result here was what was shown as a result;
"Your score is 31. You probably share similar skill levels with most successful entrepreneurs. (But you can always improve!) "
Bottom of Form
Generally it was worth doing this simple assessment; however there is a need to justify the scores I gave to support the result given by the following;
With creativity, though my area of expertise being an experienced, quality and business process improvement employee, I believe I am still not at a" highly capable" level as I strongly believe in continuous improvement that  that there is enough room on the creativity aspect.
With planning and research this is one of my strong point being previously involve with various leadership and management position even at an international setting or regional position function across Asia and the Pacific, and this should be the same with decision making, as again being a quality and productivity expert I always base my decision on actual facts, data or circumstances.
    On the area of organization and oral communication, I believe I'm strong at these being exposed with various presentation skills, being an assessor and trainer in various quality and Continuous improvement methodology and tools.  I admit however that there is a room for improvement in written communication that I need to work on especially error free reporting.
    With team building I already have various experiences being part of cross function team, quality circle teams and even managing and promoting small group continuous improvement activities that include mentoring and coaching with satisfactory end result.
   On  the marketing which include selling not being directly involve in such with my previous experience led me to consider myself only in the capable level, though recent marketing management course  recently completed had improve a lot my knowledge in these areas same with financial management  though I already completed Managerial accounting and  halfway through the simultaneously enrolled (with this Entrap. course) Financial management  subject, it will not take long that I could reach the highly capable level once I fully apply in future endeavours.
  With record keeping, I should consider myself quite capable as I am not yet at a level of financial documentation or a record keeper expert.
     In relation to both goal setting and business management, I see myself very capable considering various strategic planning participation, business planning  activities I experience from previous and current jobs not to mention this is the first step   the first step in the operating system implementation which is part of my current responsibility , and finally with the application of continuous improvement methodology coupled with full knowledge of balance scorecard , its concepts its relation to strategy as one effective performance measurement along with actual applications I can say  I am at a highly capable level in business management. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment