Social Icons

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Factors Paper by EPH, LPC Regis

Factors Paper # 1- Dec 3, 2011 Factors that I have to be a Business entrep


It is very evident that the competitive marketplace is pressuring some
of our employees to become more entrepreneurial. I am a testimony on
that base with my own experience as a Corporate Staff (Accounting &
Operations) for Multinational Companies for almost 10 years. It is
the usual corporate set on a daily basis that you need to battle :
traffic, longer hours of work, unsatisfied with boss and the company
policies, insufficient pay. What made me stay for 10 years? I guess
its the people I have worked with and eventually became my friends, the
regular pay that im getting in every 2 weeks whether im sick leave or
on a vacation leave. Above all it's the prestige to have worked with
those companies wherein the experiences that I've gained in
professionally dealing with people and work which I know will lead and
have led me to become an entrepreneur.
 
It's not new to me to be the leader in a project and I I believe that
I have the leadership quality that is very necessary to run a
business. I volunteer for a certain projects that I think I will
excel. For instance , creating a process improvement that will impact
our Chevron Accounts Payable group. I spearhead a team to make use of
macro programming to lessen the work hour of a certain task (from 3
hours to 30 mins ). It lead to an FTE (Full Time Equivalent) savings
and encourage other employees to innovate similar ideas like mine. As
an employee before, I used to criticize my boss and our company on a
professional level (e.g. 360 degree online feedback). This is by way
of communicating it openly with my boss and whenever I noticed things
or rules that are not really acceptable.


I am very good with people. I think that's my strongest point. My
outgoing personality leads me to great networking skills. My
accounting knowledge gives me an edge to other entrepreneurs. On the
other hand my Marketing skill and People skill are proven weapon in
getting a great deal in my construction business. I love to earn my
own money and got tired of working for others.
I don't mind failing because I know that there's a reason for
everything…it's just a matter of having a positive perception on it.
I have a medium risk appetite for business unlike other entreps who's
a total gambler in business. I think it is because the conservatism
principles that I've learned in accounting should still be put into
consideration.

I am hungry for wisdom in life….be it at work, business, family,
relationships, friendships, education. I do research on my interests
(e.g. architecture,interior designs,marketing,fashion, cupcakes,
coffee,travel,online shopping, franchise,daphne osena paez, blueprint
mag,myhome,character building,entrepreneur, steve jobs,warren buffet
among others). I'm planning to have a crash course in interior design
by next year.

My greatest passion right now is marketing/selling of class "A"
finishing materials in residential, commercial or industrial. I love
to see functional, modern and great architectural structure of a house
or workplace. I admire great interior designers work.
More than anything else, I am now enjoying my certified work life
balance since I've started my own business. It gives me freedom and
power to do more things and more time with my own family.
I know I still have a long way to go in this field but I am excited
for the promises it will bring me
I may not be the next Steve Jobs but I want a portion of him. I want
to be an incredible businessman, designer and fellow human. I am also
living to one of his quotes. "Being the richest man in the cemetery
doesn't matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we've done
something wonderful… that's what matters to me." 3

No comments:

Post a Comment