Social Icons

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Factor Paper - GdJ from LPC Regis

Factor Paper
Gil. P De Jesus
TSENTREP – AGSB Lipa
Introduction
Currently my line of job or expertise is manufacturing operations or execution and being an operations manager I used to lead and manage existing business.  I have a dream of owning a business, a producing not a consumer business and through this factor paper I can be able to assess my weak and strong points. 
I did research on what will be the criteria to assess myself, and I ask myself do I have the right skills and the right character of an entrepreneur.  I look for details that will fit-in the questions and I found out that the outline of the book of Dr. Morato provided the right guidance in developing right skills for entrepreneur. However, for character I derive the survey questionnaire from the learning's in the previous session, reading some related books or internet sites and experience. 
Personal Assessment
Approach in taking personal survey was patterned in my and some company's motivation survey.  Matrix is important to focus on areas that need to be improved.
SURVEY 1: SKILLS





NI
B
VG
EX
Entrepreneurial Skills
1
2
3
4
Preparing for Entrepreneurship
   - Opportunity Seeking
3
   - Opportunity Screening
2
   - Opportunity Seizing
2
   - Market Research
2
   - Customer Profiling
2
   - Location Analysis
2
   - New Product Introduction
2
AVE Score
2.14





Creating The Enterprise
1
2
3
4
  - Establishing the Enterprise
2
  - Planning the Enterprise
3
  - Investing
3
  - Valuating
2
  - Financing
3
  - Managing Cost & Profits
3
  - Managing Risk
3
AVE Score
2.71





Growing the Enterprise
1
2
3
4
 - Managing the Operations Function
4
 - Managing the Marketing Function
2
 - Managing the Human Resource Function
3
 - Managing the Finance Function
2
 - Growing the Enterprise (Strategic Planning)
3
AVE Score
2.8





TOTAL Ave
2.54






























SURVEY 2 : Character
Assessment


NI
B
VG
EX
Questions
Right Answer
1
2
3
4
1. Are you a risk taker?
I take risk
2
2. Are You a Self-Starter?
I am a self starter
2
3. How Do You Feel About Other People?
I like people. I can get along with just about anybody.
3
3. Can You Lead Others?
I can get most people to go along with me without much difficulty.
4
4. Can You Take Responsibility?
I like to take charge of and see things through.
4
5. How Good An Organizer Are You?
I like to have a plan before I start. I'm usually the one who lines things up.
3
6. How Good a Worker Are You?
I can keep going as long as necessary. I don't mind working hard.
3
7. Can You Make Decisions?
I can make up my mind in a hurry if necessary, and my decision is usually O.K.
2
8. Can People Trust What You Say?
They sure can. I don't say things I don't mean.
4
9. Can You Stick With It?
I usually finish what I start.
3
AVE SCORE
3
note:
NI - Needs Improvement
BE - Beginner
VG - Very Good
EX - Excellent











Analysis



SKILLS - CHARACTER MATRIX






4.0





















S


Q2


Q4


K










I










L 3.0









L

Q1



Q3


S























2.0











2.0


3.0



4.0




CHARACTER / BEHAVIOR







 - my score






Weak and strong points can be analyze by using the matrix below, Skills Vs. Behavior were divided into 4-quadrant to assess what's the current status, quadrant are explained as follows:
QUAD 4. A perfect score. You are equipped with right skills and behavior. If you are not presently running your own business you should definitely start one -- the sooner the better. You are on the way to fame and riches.
QUAD 3: Very good. You have the right attitude of an entrepreneur; need to enhance skills and training to be equipped with techniques.  You definitely have what it takes to succeed in a business of your own. Don't hesitate; your way to business success is wide open.
QUAD 2:  Good. You have the qualities of a successful entrepreneur with some weak spots. Skills and idea are there, but the drive, heart and passion is still under development.
QUAD 1: Needs Improvement. The prospect of your success in a business of your own is questionable. You have some deficiencies that might out-shadow some good traits you have. If you still want to go on with it, be sure to call up all the persistence you can get. You are going to face some tough adversity on the way.
Conclusion
Based on my honest assessment, I'm on the upper quadrant 1, the character is almost there except that I am not a risk taker and a starter, my weaker points is skills, I thought that the knowledge I am having now is enough but based on matrix above I need more improvement especially on the preparation part. 
Why I'm not a risk taker? Maybe it's because of exposure in operational management rather than product or business creation for the past years.  My vision or dreams in the next 5 years is to have my own business to operate.  I never try in the past because I don't want to take a risk, and I enjoy the comfort zone of being an employee. 
I choose Entrepreneurship as elective for me to improve confidence by confirming my personal view, by learning new skills that will strengthen my belief and become a great entrepreneur in the future.  Being an entrepreneur needs character
Starting January this year I am sourcing a farm land (in Morong, Rizal and Pila, Laguna) for commercial farming for two reasons; we need more production since majority is consumers and farming is close to my heart because this is where I came from.
I believe that Entrepreneurship class through the inspiration, sharing and expertise of Prof. Jorge Saguinsin will surely help me in attaining my future dream.  4 vg

No comments:

Post a Comment