Social Icons

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Factor Paper: from GG, Str Regis

Subject: What factors I do /
don't posses that make / do not make me a Business Entrepreneur.
When I decided to take the MBA, my ultimate goal was to get promoted and
finally realize that dream I've been wanting for so long. But as I've go on
completing each courses through; it is becoming evident that the ultimate goal
should be to become CEO's and start your own business. Well this subject really
would give you the opportunity to learn how to become one, probably not a CEO
but a business owner. To start, we need to assess what are the factors that you
do or do not possess that make or do not make you a business entrepreneur. As
we are allowed to use any self assessment tool available in the internet, I
come across this questionnaire to use as my guide to assess myself.
Below is my self assessment test I understanding if I am an
Entrepreneur.
    Strongly Disagree Somewhat Disagree Neutral Somewhat Agree Strongly Agree
 
No.
 
  Characteristic 1 2 3 4 5
1 I am a leader and I have a strong need for independence and approval.     3    
2 I usually try to do things in different, unique or an innovative way.   2      
3 I always try to generate many ideas and come up with several possible solutions to a problem.   2      
4 I constantly advise others how to solve their problems in an effective way, because I see "whole picture".     3    
5 I like to check out my ideas with other people and get their input to my view.   2      
6 I can work consistently with deep concentration for a long time and I am passionate.     2      
7 My advantage is good communication and negotiation skills.   2      
8 I am very open to ideas of other people.       4  
9 I take responsibility and complete and tasks, once I start them.       4  
10 In my view, knowledge-based entrepreneurs are more successful than others.       4  
11 I am constantly seeing business opportunities or ideas that have potential commercial value.   2      
12 I am willing to invest (and possibly lose) my life savings in a good business idea.   2      
13 I am seriously thinking about being a business owner and independent.     3    
14 Some business people have already encouraged me to start my own business. 1        
15 I am resourceful and I am prepared to invest my own money, able to raise the necessary capital and borrow money for my business.   2      
16 My family and friends are supportive of me and my business activities.     3    
17 I would start my own business even if I could make twice as much money working for someone else?   2      
18 I am a dynamic person with clear vision and prepare to realize it with my potential team.     3    
19 I enjoy competing.     3    
20 I am a goal-oriented person and I do what it takes to succeed in the long term.     3    
21 I am able to manage successfully all important risks.     3    
22 I regularly network with others to identify new business opportunities.   2      
23 I can always rely on my people who can advise me on important business decisions.     3    
24 I want to create a business with a strong brand name that becomes well known.     3    
25 I believe I can achieve a good balance between my business work and my personal/family life.     3    
26 I am prepared for the emotional strain of running my own business.     3    
27 Ethical behavior in business is something that I consider very seriously.       4  
28 Honesty, fairness, high reputation, social responsibility will become my top principles in business.       4  
    1 2 3 4 5
    Score
  Calculate your results 1 20 36 20 0
  Total Score 77

My total score of 77 out of a possible 140 points shows that I have a
moderate entrepreneurial potential. I may be a fairly entrepreneurial person
but I need to work on my analytical and creative skills. It is important that I
stay focused, driven and headed towards my goal. A complete assessment or
interpretation of the score is written at the end of this write-up.
Personal Assessment
From the self assessment, it shows that I have low scores on creating
ideas and in looking for business opportunity. I have high scores on taking
responsibility and considering ethical behavior in business. This is coming
from my family background where family values are always reminded to all kids
among family members. I never have a relative who's into business. Majority of them
are accounting graduates, including my mother. I know part of my strength is
being a well organize person but it may have little impact on being an
entrepreneur. Sometimes I do have low self confidence, which is also one of the
reasons why I decided to take graduate studies, to improve and develop my self
confidence.
Base on several assessments that I have tried, a successful entrepreneur
must have passion in what they are doing, critical thinking ability should be very
high, must have high competence in human relation and must have a very good
communication skills and technical knowledge.
I may not be ready to be an entrepreneur, but I know I am on the right
track of becoming one. I know I have and will get the right tool to becoming a successful
entrepreneur. Understanding where I am now is a good to start to on identifying
rooms for my improvement.
Am I an Entrepreneur? A Self Assessment
test[1]
Your raw score is over 100: high entrepreneurial potential.
Congratulations. By your own assessment you possess the characteristics of
success entrepreneur. You possess a bright potential for growing your business.
It is important that you continue to look for business opportunities to tap
into your creativity and innovation potential, and create an environment for
yourself where your product or service can continue to flourish.
In
business or a professional setting, the highly entrepreneurial person will need
to maintain patience and understanding of others if they want to be successful.
To become a god entrepreneurial leader, you need to inspire others, primarily
your team. At this stage, you should ask yourself: "How soon am I going
to become an entrepreneur and who will join my team"?
Your raw score is between 75 - 99: moderate entrepreneurial potential. By
your assessment you are a fairly entrepreneurial person. It is important, at
this point, that you continue to nurture these entrepreneurial characteristics
and further develop the ones where you have a lower score. You need to work
much on analytical and creative skills. It's important that
you stay focused, driven, and headed towards your goal. At this
stage, you should ask yourself: "How likely am I to
work very hard at becoming an entrepreneur?"
Your raw score is between 50 – 74:  some entrepreneurial and creative potential: It is
important to celebrate the fact that you possess some of the characteristics of
an entrepreneur. However, additional development of the characteristics, where
you are not so strong, would go a long way. Take a look again on test and
identify the characteristics you want to develop further. There are many web
sources of information and commercial courses to help develop your
entrepreneurial characteristics. At this stage, you should ask yourself: "How much I have already prepared myself to
become entrepreneur?"
Your
score is below 49:  low entrepreneurial
and creative potential: Don't worry; perhaps you have not been in
an environment that nurtured your entrepreneurial spirit. The truth is that
entrepreneurial attitudes and personality traits can be strengthened. Take a
look again on test to see a further breakdown and identify the characteristics
you want to develop further. There are many web sources of information and
commercial courses to help develop your entrepreneurial characteristics. At
this stage, you should ask yourself: "How
interested am I in becoming an entrepreneur?" 3.5
________________________________

[1] http://eukosvet6.com/en/documents.html

No comments:

Post a Comment