Social Icons

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Factor Paper 1 - R100092 EV



Who am I?  This is the primary question I asked myself a long time ago. It is a hard question to answer because we need to look deep inside to discover who we are. It's only half of the story. We also need to understand who we are in the eyes of other people. Sometimes, we are not aware of our actions because we refuse to believe what they are saying. 
Understanding who am I is the key to success. In the movie Matrix 1, the hero named Neo travels to the oracle to know if he is the one. In one of the scenes, the hero sees a sign above the door and it reads," know thy self". By knowing one's self, you will be able to address your strengths and weakness as well as the opportunities and threats.
Knowing one's self is a journey by itself. It is a series of struggles, test and tribulations to finally understand one's personality. It is a difficult task that needs expert guidance and methods.
My journey starts from the begging. Growing up in a small town in Laguna, keeps my perspective simple. My values in life started at home and in school. It is when I reached high school changes everything.
I studied in Don Bosco Technical College in High School. The fast moving phase of Manila had an impact on me. I was able to view it from the street of Manila where I roam after school. I was able to adopt certain situations as needed. I would often make friends where we have things in common. I would get information from friends and other means for me to achieve something.
In college, I took my BS ECE in the same school. I'm an average student. I graduated in 1995. 
I worked in the IT field for several years since the start of my career. As a technical person, I handled various IT hardware and software. Currently, I'm working in Accenture as a Network Architect.
I had several technical certifications from Cisco, Microsoft and ITIL. It affirmed my knowledge in various disciplines.
I have various influences in school specially the Salesian Priest of Don Bosco. My strong influence comes from Fr. Evangelista. He gave me the direction I was looking for. When I was in the US, my former boss Hydre Abdullah is a good influence to me. He thought me what is living in the US is about. Benjamin Franklin and other great leaders such as Gandhi would inspire me to be better than what I am.
Upon myself discovery, I've known to work smart, a forward thinker, and look at different perspective. I also like strategies and tactics. I adapt to any situation which make me fluid. I will do whatever it to do the job. 
I made a conscious decision of putting up my own company. I started working on this before I entered my MBA. During the process, another opportunity presented itself. I was accepted in the Regis program of Ateneo. It was perfect timing since I started building my company.
When I started my MBA about a year ago, I discovered so many things that I needed for my company. The education I gained in Ateneo will surely help me with my future company. 
After finishing my MBA, I will continue my dream in creating my own company. I will pick up from where I left off. This time, I'm better equipped with the knowledge I gained in this course. I have a different perspective in starting and running a company. The training I grained from my MBA will be a great tool.
The first order of business is planning. I would start by creating my business plan, write my vision/mission statements and start making various process/procedures. I would also start getting the right people aboard.
I would find the capital to fund the company's operations. The rest is text book steps such as find the place, hiring, pricing, etc…  
My idea of creating my own company started during my several years of work. If I'm going to be passionate about something, I will be passionate in working for my company. I would use all my knowledge I gained from my MBA, years of experience and work on my dream. This is my driving force.
After establishing my company, I still have several goals I need to achieve. Writing a book and giving back to the community are just samples of what I want to achieve.
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.


1 comment: