Social Icons

Friday, September 9, 2011

Room for Logistics Business in the Provinces

Our generation needs an ENTREPRENEURIAL REVOLUTION.

At the north marketing plan conference yesterday, I met a business friend from Manila who specialize in concrete products. He was helping build a mall in Dagupan for a friend. He is there because the local traders and suppliers are strangling the the users. There seems to be a cartel (isnt there a law against this): controlled prices and supply and credit. I experience this in Calapan, Oton, Calamba, Dagupan: materials are expensive, are scarce, there is no credit, and suppliers are haughty. They will not honor checks even if your business is well established; nor honor credit cards; as if we live in stone age.

That is why he is there to handle the logistic concerns for that large construction for concrete products. If there were train to Manila, then this thing would not happen. Or even cheap cargo planes.

In the same restaurant, I learned that the another I know is there to take care of the same problem for his friends who are putting up real estate development in the area.

And so I learned that I am not alone in the bad treatment I got from the local suppliers. (That is the bad side of entrepreneurship. Most of them are not Filipinos anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment