Social Icons

Friday, September 9, 2011

Progress is Now Spreading into the Regions

Our generation needs an ENTREPRENEURIAL REVOLUTION.

Thanks to internet, the efficient and large number of buses, enlightened local government units, OFW money flowing into the regions, entrepreneurship, much development and growth is being seen in the regions and countryside. I saw it at Dagupan very well, and elsewhere in my travels to our other Holy Gardens units: Calamba city, Calapan city, San Fernando La Union, San Carlos City, Oton Iloilo.

That is why when I was teaching at ADB, I learned from the managers there that they no longer count Philippines as Less Developed Country.

I think we are over emphasizing mostly our weaknesses understating the good sides and strength of our country. In many respects, as of now, we are better than USA.

From what I read in the papers, our fx as of this week is better than USA cash balance at the end of July 2011. Our economic growth is even better than theirs. RP generates a lot of foreign exchange from OFW's remittances and from BPO which is growing in leaps and bounds,

No comments:

Post a Comment