Social Icons

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Factors Paper by CC

Factors Paper: The Entrepreneur in Me
by Crissy Cruz

My sales experience started when I was very young. During my grade school days, I would be bringing baked goods and chocolates from my mom's kitchen and sell it to my classmates and teachers. The idea of earning extra money on top of what I'm getting from my daily allowance motivated me to sell more.

At an early age, the ideas and values of entrepreneurship were ingrained in me. Through out the years, I have collaborated with my friends in high school and college and joined bazaars.  From selling my mom's baked goods, I've tried designing, creating and selling items such as cellphone pouches, notebooks, bags, scarfs and other fashion accessories.

I have been very lucky that my parents supported and trusted me whenever I needed to borrow money to fund new projects.  Both my parents are also entrepreneurs. I have seen them changed businesses over the years and I have learned first hand from them how rewarding entrepreneurship can be. More importantly, I have also been a witness of both their success and failures. They encouraged me to pursue projects that I'm very passionate about. Another important entrepreneurial value I learned from my parents is that being an Entrepreneur is not just about making money and being your own boss. It is an opportunity that will allow you to make concrete differences to the lives of others. Thru the services or products you offer, the jobs you create, Entrepreneurship is a life-changing endeavor.

To confirm my aspirations if I am really cut out to become an entrepreneur, I have taken several online exams in websites such as [1]Forbes.com and [2]CNN.com. My scores revealed that my personality fits well to the mold of what an Entrepreneur should be. 

The results of the online tests show that I posses the following traits which are required of an Entrepreneur:

1.      Sales Experience

Whether as a micro entrepreneur or as an en employee in the corporate world, having prior sales experience is definitely an advantage once a person makes the leap towards the world of entrepreneurship. It gives one the discipline and the perspective on how to build up your subscriber base, managing them and making sure they become loyal and happy customers.


2.      Optimism

Being an entrepreneur requires mental toughness to overcome failures and setbacks. I try to always carry a positive attitude all the time and seek opportunities in times of crisis. Being optimistic is a helpful trait to have in order to maintain a never give up attitude whatever challenges you might face as an entrepreneur.

3.      Willingness to take risks

A person cannot be an entrepreneur without taking any risks. I have always had the appetite to try new things and ideas regardless of what others might think. I think risk taking is inevitable in Entrepreneurship. Without the willingness to take risks, one cannot fully be committed in becoming a successful entrepreneur.

4.      Creativity

I enjoy forcing myself to think out of the box and pushing myself to come up with new ideas for products and designs. Creativity and imagination are two vital characteristics that fuels innovation which is the requirement for sustaining one's business in the long run.

5.      Resilience

Filipinos in nature are resilient. It is inherent to us that we bounce back from any challenges that we might face. As an entrepreneur, start ups will be plagued with problems and I feel that my resilience and perseverance will help me get through things. In the long run, this trait will allow any entrepreneur to improve on his or her craft and make better business decisions.

6.      Resourcefulness

A lot of times, people are stomped with the limitations in resources in order to jumpstart a project. However, I know that there's always an alternative to every problem. Thinking big and starting small has always been a personal belief. I always challenge myself to be resourceful and to always look for unusual ways to solve things.

7.      Action Oriented

Dreaming big is important for an Entrepreneur. However, any dream should be coupled with actions for it to become a reality. An Entrepreneur should be driven by results and actions. I am never satisfied with just saying things without having any thought process on how to execute it.

8.      Taking the lead

Entrepreneurs are called to be leaders. Taking responsibility and leading the team is expected of an entrepreneur. I believe that I have what it takes to lead a group and drive it towards common values and goals.

My entrepreneurial mindset has always been guided by Steve Jobs' famous words: Stay Foolish, Stay Hungry. Like an athlete in pursuit of a championship, the drive for success and excellence should never run out. I feel that being an entrepreneur is one of God's calling for me. In time, I know that I want to pursue this path and fulfill my plans of establishing a global brand. I want to be an inspiration for other young women who want to rise above expectations and succeed as an entrepreneur.4




No comments:

Post a Comment