Social Icons

Monday, July 30, 2012

Factor paper-Abellera, Hannah S10-Entrep

Hannah Rhuelle B. Abellera
ENTREP-S10
Factors Paper
When I was child, my dream was to become a doctor, as most of the kids like me would say back then. As I was growing up, that dream was what I was holding on as my career. I would like to see myself in a hospital, visiting patients and being consulted by them. Gradually, as time passed by, I realized that it was not for me. I chose other career, I became a chemist.
I worked for a manufacturing company and i was able to practice what I had studied when I was still a student. People who are dearest to me encouraged me to take graduate studies. I was hesitant at first because I don't want to become a student the soonest time possible. But they were persistent in convincing me to study. And so, I would like to say they won in convincing me to go back to class, even though I had a very tight schedule at work. I took graduate studies here in AGSB to add up value on myself and be ahead when it comes to the non-technical or business side of the organization I'm into.

I noticed in school that young people just like my age were having a great time managing their own businesses, family or even their own businesses, and they are earning very well. Some of them graduated with a technical degree (chemical engineering, nursing), manage their own small shop. I asked myself, how could they manage and do well in their crafts and being an entrepreneur. I was not that confident to ask them at first, so I just observed them and took note on their behavior and attitude. When there was a chance to talk, I would insert the idea of business. Through their stories, I became inspired to be like them, an entrepreneur. It's not easy and it's not fun at times but it can still be challenging and enjoyable if I will love the thing that I will do.
These are the following traits I searched for to become a good entrepreneur.



Hardworking
Long hours of work, is not an issue with entrepreneurs. I try to make it a point that I finish my assigned task before the deadline. Sometimes, it may require of being awake for more hours just to complete the job.  I am delightful to see that I have accomplished my tasks on time and it is appreciated.
Creative
Imagination and inspiration are needed to be able to come up with an original and much better idea for a business. One of the qualities I would like to improve is thinking outside the box. I think I limit myself into something I very familiar with. I have to be creative also.
Risk taker                     
I am quite afraid to be outside of my comfort zone. There are protocols that I would like obey and I think it's the only best idea. But I when I read some articles of successful entrepreneurs, a person will be able to know and see better side of one self if that person would just move a bit from that comfort zone and explore the opportunities outside. It is really a risk but once you have tried it is like an addiction that a person would search and try for something riskier than before. As an aspiring entrepreneur, I would like to eliminate the attitude of being afraid because it may hinder me from something much better and brighter in my career.
Goal-oriented
When I am into something, especially when I have invested my time, money and effort in it, I make sure that I would accomplish the goals I set. Like, back in college, I won't give up studying a difficult subject, Calculus and Algebra, just to name a few, to at least have a better understanding on it.  I focused my mind on not to retaking any of these subjects. True enough, I did not fail nor repeat any of these. For now, I am willing to study what would be the best type of business for me, and that I think would be something that I really like or love to do.
Curious
Whenever there is a new craze in the market, I am always wondering what are the factors that contribute to the arising addiction of this people to a new product especially those who belong to the young generation. As part of my curiosity, I try the new craze, before there was frozen yoghurt and now, there are plenty stores of milk tea located in malls and even in schools. In relation to that, I read some articles for these products. As much as possible, I would like to keep this curiosity on fire so I will be updated and knowledgeable to what is going on in that competitive market world. In that case, I can have an idea what type of business I'll be going to start up in the future.
Innovative
I am not really artistic, but I seek the help of more creative people when it comes to recreating things that would fit for my needed purpose. I appreciate art and originality because it is kind of difficult for me to do. There were instances that ideas were free flowing in my mind but I had a hard time to come up with a realization of those ideas. I should try to be innovative because it is one of the keys to survive a business when downfall would come. I should always offer something new that would benefit the customers.
Persistent
Before, I did not want to see myself to be managing my own business, because I thought that it was not intended for me. And I was also afraid to commit mistakes and rejections. A successful entrepreneur keeps on trying and pursuing the best system to be applied in the business flow no matter how hard it is.
Independent
Before, when I was a kid, I had strong dependence on my parents especially to my mother. As I grow old, that dependence to them would also grow old because I realized that I had to depend on myself also, not all of the time that they will be here for me. Putting up a business requires independence, especially when it comes to decision making. I should be able to learn know how to carefully decide from simple to complex matters. Learning how to control the critical points of business is one of the areas I had to study and focus on. This would include handling of the finances and staff, advertising and giving service to customer.
Flexible
Current trends, technologies and consumer needs are constantly changing. An entrepreneur should be capable to adapt to change. The coming out of new competitors is inevitable. They will offer something fresh and better products and services. Consumers are now adventurous in trying and choosing products that would fit their needs. In that matter, I also have to offer something different, that's why learning and relearning should not stop. I have to offer new partnered with best quality. Personally, I had a hard time coping up with change. It's not easy to for me to enter in a zone I am not comfortable with. But I have to face reality that it is part of life and that I should be able to overcome my fear in trying to change. Especially, that is needed for better application of my products and services. It would also add more value to what I offer to retain my customers.    
As I examine these qualities of being a good entrepreneur, I think I can still be a good entrepreneur. Though I have underdeveloped traits, I believe it still possible for me to learn all of these. Trying, improving and developing myself should take place instead of fear and being just plainly satisfied to what I use to do, because there is more that I can experience and do. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment