Social Icons

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I met Illac Diaz, Filipino social entrep par exellence, an Atenean

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship


Yesterday, I met Illac Diaz, who an Atenean undergrad, at the Ateneo campus in Loyola QC, near the chapel, on the way to the cafeteria where we would honor Fr. Thomas Steinbugler, former Dean of Adminssion and Aid (he gathered all the scholars there in 1968)  In the words of  a Ateneo high school graduate, he brought in the hordes, the barbarians to the college.

I had a photo ops with Illac.  He appeared once in my Sentrep class in Salcedo, maybe 2007, and his speech took the entire 3 hours (normally it is just a 30 minutes speech).  All the ladies loved asking questions and posing pictures with him.  And the second one was during the 150 years of Ateneo;  we invited him and other social entrep advocates in a social entrep night.  That was a project of the MM entrep class and passed off as a cluster project.

Illa took his ME at AIM and other postgrduate course at MIT.  He is well known for his Pier One project, the peanut sheller in Pampanga, the bicycle washing machine, the coral growing project, and the Rio Domes.


                                     Am I a lady now?  I posed with Mr. Diaz

Thank you Mr. Diaz, I hope I will be trending news soon with this pose

No comments:

Post a Comment