Social Icons

Thursday, July 26, 2012

FACTORS PAPER by Rhea G. Jardin

               The entrepreneurial qualities I found are from the website of Preserve Articles (www.preservearticles.com).  These qualities include desire to excel, hard work, self-confidence, initiative, moderate risk-taker, innovative, motivation, optimistic, analytical and mental ability, communication ability, flexibility, independence, leadership and good human relations ability.
                Desire to excel. Although I'm not really a competitive person and don't like to exchange in competitions, I still believe that I have the desire to excel, not in any competition, but in what I do by elevating myself and improving my capabilities in my profession.
                Hard work. I believe that I possess the determination and willingness to work hard as evidence in my 17 years employment in the stock brokerage industry.
                Self-confidence.  I believe that self-confidence comes with knowledge. As long as I have complete knowledge on the tasks that I will do, I'm confident that I will be able to complete the task and succeed on it.
                Initiative. According to the article, an entrepreneur must have initiative in seeking personal responsibility for actions. As finance head in the company where I work with, I also assume full responsibility and accountability in every decisions that I make for our company. This could be regarded as training for me in preparation to be an entrepreneur.
                Moderate risk-taker.  Since I work in the stock brokerage business, I'm exposed and fully aware of the high risk of investing in stocks. I've experienced gaining and losing money in the stock market, but the good thing is I know when to stop. With this attitude, I consider myself to be a moderate risk-taker.
                Innovative. I'm not a very creative person and I think I lack in this category.  
                Motivation. As a department head, I normally motivate my team members to act and think diligently, and to exert effort more than their ability in accomplishing our tasks. I think I could also be a good motivator as an entrepreneur.
                Optimistic. I think I'm quite lacking on this characteristics since I tend to be pessimistic sometimes particularly in situations where my family's welfare will be at risk.
                Analytical and mental ability. I think I have the ability to think analytically since in every task that I do, I make it a point to separate my personal matters from work. In situations where decision making is taking place, I don't normally rely on personal instincts but rather on studies and research related to the issue.
                Communication ability. I consider myself to be a good communicator within my team, but I have a problem communicating with other people for I have fear in public speaking.
                Flexibility. I consider myself to be flexible since in cases where I made a wrong decision in a particular task, I am more than willing to admit my mistakes and would eventually think of ways to resolve the problem.
                Independence. I believe that I'm a very independent person since at an early age I'm already living by myself. But I still believe in the power of teamwork and since I lack in creativity, I would still prefer to be working with other people rather than working by myself.
                Leadership.  Being the head of our department, I think I'm also capable of being a leader.
                Good human relations ability. I've been working with Angping Securities for 11 years and I think I would not be able to stay with the company for such a long time if I didn't have a good relationship with the management and my co-workers. I believe I posses this quality.
                Scoring 11 out 14, I think I have a chance of being an entrepreneur. 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment