Social Icons

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New class for Sentrep at H de la Costa Campus.

Ateneo Professor on Entrepreneurship

                           

I had my first day of class at H. de la Costa Campus.  Unfortunately for me, I was not informed that this was the case;  I proceeded first to Rockwell at about 5:30.  I left Rockwell at 5:40 and I thought I had plenty of time to spare.

Again unfortunately, traffic was bad at  H. de la Costa,  I was in front of the de la Costa APS at 6:10;  it took me another 10 minutes to make it to the parking lot.   I was late.  I hate being late for my class;  everybody was waiting for me.... Hmm it was embarrassing and I left my house at 4:00 pm

Well, it was interesting to note that there were at least 4 COO in the class;  they are involved in their family business, two were drug pushers.   Two are Chinese:  Mike and Lloyd.  2 want to be celebs.  3 want to be in cosmetic and beauty business.  One used to work as consultant for ADB,  three are full time students.  There are two international students:  from France counterpart in Ateneo.  One is from Morocco working with IBM Paris;  the other one is from Norway who works for a tourism company.

It would be an interesting class.

Much of the session was spent on asking students to tell something about themselves and revealing their secret desire.

Why did I do this?  Is this  not a waste of time.?

On the contrary, it is important for entrep students to be focussed on who they are (where am I now in strategy) so that they will know how and where to move forrward.

Secret desire?   It is not about being cute.  Passion/desire fuels entrepreneurship.  It is what you call fire in the belly.

Then we walked through the syllabus and the blogs and the social media being used actively in teaching.  The syllabus was something I had to walk through very carefully because many do not get the assignments right.

For this class, many materials are in the blog/website.  The syllabus is in the website.  Except for the business plan which is to be submitted in hard copy format, everything is to be submitted to the website.  All previous assignments of other class, pictures of the class in the past are this blog/facebook pages.  The class is very much part of the Web 2.0 age, 21st century. 


                                  



1 comment:

  1. good pm sir, just want to ask where we will be sending our factors paper, i sent it to the one in the syllabus but it doesnt seem to be working. i resent it to the other emails hope you were able to receive it. good post btw looking forward to the class

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete