Social Icons

Monday, July 30, 2012

Factors Paper by Catherine Chua

Catherine Chua
Entrep: Factor Paper 1
July 30, 2012
I did a temperament test for me to see my personalities, characteristics, strengths and weakness. I am not surprise that I fall on choleric temperament. Based on the explanation of my test result, choleric temperaments are born leaders. I also found out that entrepreneurs or leader has the following characteristics:  
An eye for opportunity: After helping my parents on their business, I force my parents to put up a branch here in Manila. I want to expand our business here in Manila, but my parents had a second thought since I am a newly graduate and does not have enough experience in our business. Well they must be wrong, am solely running our business here in Manila 6 years and counting. 
Independence: Even in high school, I realize that I hate someone telling me to do this and that. It does not mean that I am a hardhead. Maybe I want to do thing my way not other persons' way. But sometimes doing it my way had negative consequences, so I learn from my mistake. That's what being an entrepreneur are risk takers. 
An appetite for hard work: Many people think that entrepreneurs work little time, sitting in their office and having coffee, they are wrong. For me if you want a business be sure your time will be 24/7, not just 8 hours a day like an employees. And someone told me that a successful entrepreneur works harder than its employees, 90% hard work and 10% luck. At our office I work 7:30am until 5:30pm, but it doesn't mean that my work is finish, I have to check other documents so I bring it at our house, from there I finish around 9pm. 
Self-confidence: I remember this feeling when I experience for the first year of our business here in Manila. I had a bad debt worth of hundreds of thousand pesos. It's like my world falls and I don't have energy and determination to work. But I thank my parents for supporting me at my downfall. They say it always happen in a business, that's when you will know if the owners are good businessmen. 
Discipline: Being young entrepreneur in our family, has also a disadvantage, sometimes I want to do things not related from work but I can't do it. One thing I developed through handling our business is my discipline to do important things first and set aside the unimportant things. For example, I wake up early and go to work early.  
Judgment: In my temperament result being choleric is a decisive person. Handling our family business here in Manila I had encounter many problems that hinder our daily operation. 
Ability to accept change: Now a days if am not innovative, our business won't grow, because here in Manila there is a strong business competition. I think other ways to improve our business such as offering new products and services. 
Make stress work for them: When I need a documents or reports to check, I have a tendency to say "Do it, do it now" to my secretary. 
Need to achieve: Entrepreneurs have determination and motivation to succeed. Since I am the only one who handle our business here in Manila, I had ups and downs experience.  Being in these situation I can say I am determined to grow our business and have new ones. Motivated to known by others as a successful entrepreneur and exceed what my parents' achievements.  3

No comments:

Post a Comment