Social Icons

Saturday, November 26, 2011

New Regis Entrep Class at Lipa City Today, November 26, 2011

I had my first class for Regis Class for Entrepreneurship elective in Lipa City at the Fiesta Mall.  It was my first assignment to Lipa City;  I did not realize that it was going to be the last class at the mall.  Rightly so that it should be relocated.:  it is difficult to go there although the parking is generous;  the 2nd floor of the mall is empty;  and enrollment is poor.

I have  only 8 students, and it is the only subject for this term.  The eight students are Henry, James, Paul, Rico, Winnie Constantino (Yes the same name as our cluster chair),Gil, Elisa, and Irene - the Class Secretary.


I find them to be very enthusiastic and cooperative.  I think they will learn a lot.  I think connected with them well today.

We went through the usual course introduction walk through on assignments, course outline, house rules submission of assignments,  etc.  Self introduction, introduction of the prof to the students.  I introduced again the innovation that we shall send and grade assignments through blogsend, and that special reports, as in marketing, shall be uploaded at slideshare.

Then we had the usual debate on:  taking all things equal, are entreps born, made, or masuwerti (lucky, providential, lucky, result of timing)  The lucky position was more cogent and logical and therefore won.

The first guy I met at the parking lot was Rico from GSM.

Half of the class (4) had business entrepreneurship experience in one form or another.  Great class session today.  I will post the picture later.  Tired from waking up early and the long drive to Lipa.,  Am not so very young any more.

These are some pictures I took:

             L to R:  Henry, Irene, Elisa, Winnie, Gil, Paul, Rico.  Back:  James
               Rico(Rich) of GSM;  he is a techie but owns a piggery; first student I met



                              Ala Mayor V Vanessa, the Lipa AGSB Coordinator


                                         The soon to be vacated AGSB Lipa Office









Our generation needs an ENTREPRENEURIAL REVOLUTION.

1 comment:

  1. thanks prof jorge for this...we appreciate your time...we admire your wisdom :D

    ReplyDelete