Social Icons

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Factors Paper: Melody Catubay


I am a businesswoman.... does it mean I am an entrepreneur also? This question popped in my mind last meeting when we were asked to submit a paper whether we possess or not possess the qualities of a good entrepreneur.
Entrepreneur or businesswoman is just the same in meaning but for me, entrepreneur is building or creating another venture and who has a management ability to handle the responsibilities and challenges of the business while a businesswoman/businessman is a person creating a business for the sole purpose of profit not considering the challenges and responsibilities of the said business.
I searched a checklist in the internet about the "Qualities of a Successful Entrepreneur" and out of 10 qualities, I possess 7 of them. (Please share and make an analysis,)
As an entrepreneur you should be motivated to succeed like thinking for an expansion or other product/services which will help your business to grow. Mine is a security agency we started with 2 clients with 4 security personnel and after 3 years we have 34 clients with 157 security personnel. If I will be asked how did we do that, my answer is simple, just like the others I am motivated to see my business growing, since we were engaged in services we focused in delivering not just good but best security services in our clients.
Second, as an entrepreneur you should believe in yourself that you can do it. Of course, running a business is a risk to take but this how it works; an entrepreneur should be an aggressive to meet his goals and has a full determination that he can succeed. Before, we experienced so many trials, like clients who do not pay, security personnel who do not obey the rules/regulations of the company resulting to a termination of contract and etc. but I'd never give up because I keep my faith that one day we can surpass everything.
Third, an entrepreneur must be open for changes. I agree on this because not all your rules/policies/marketing style and etc will work on the others, so you need to be open in adapting changes as long it will be beneficial to your company's success.
Fourth, an entrepreneur should be competitive. Of course, when you're running a business there will be a lot of competitors who will try to put you down but for me I always maintained to be competitive in a good manner.
Fifth, an entrepreneur should be energetic. As a business owner you should have energy to encourage and motivate your people to work and strive harder. You should be a model to them.
Sixth, an entrepreneur should be patient. I think I already master this qualification. As they say "Patience is key to Success", and I agree. J
Lastly, an entrepreneur should be open in accepting criticisms because this will help them to think on how the business will run but also will help you as a manager to lead your people. Criticisms are there not to put you down but to encourage you to think of some alternatives or solutions that you may/will encounter as the business is going.
I must say that I became an entrepreneur by accident; my dad opened a new business which he couldn't manage because he's still working in a government.  At first, I though running a business is just simple but I was wrong... running a business is the hardest role that I ever played. At first, I want to give up because I'm having a hard time to manage it, from simple day-to-day operations, marketing and most especially the financials.
When I read the book, "Rich dad, and Poor dad" it somehow motivates me to strive to learn the basics of the business. I started reading magazines, books and search the internet on how to run and manage a business; slowly I found the rhythm of our business.
            Well to sum it up, whether you became an entrepreneur due to accident as long that there is a passion for you to learn the business and there is a motivation for you to succeed;    S-U-C-C-E-S-S will be attainable for you and for your business.
           
           
           
Mhelody C. Catubay
General Manager
CMM Security Services Co.
mhelody_ca2bay@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment