Social Icons

Monday, April 23, 2012

Fw: Factor Paper - by KV

Hi Sir,
Please see my factor paper below...
Thank you.
Cristina Krastle Valderas
What qualities of an entrepreneur do you possess?
1.      Do what you enjoy. When I like and enjoy what I am doing, it pushes me to work hard and sometimes, I didn't notice the longer hours. When I'm helping in our family business and started working, new ideas would come in quickly. Even if I am not yet done with what I am doing, I already have a list in mind on what to do next.
2.      Take what you do seriously. Not doing things seriously will result to mistakes and consume a lot of time due to rework. The result or product of what you are doing will also not be exemplary. In my current job, initiative and correct figures is very important. To be able to do that, I have to be serious and focused on what I am doing. If I didn't do it and made mistakes, a lot of things will be affected.
3.      Plan everything. Planning is a part of my everyday routine although to be honest, not all of them are being done and followed. At the start of the day, I already have in mind on what I am supposed to do and finish for the day. Even in going to the mall, I already have in mind on what to do and where I should go first. In cleaning the house, I already has a plan on what to do first and what time should I be finished.
4.      Get to know your customers. In my current job, you can't just offer a client with any insurance product. You have to identify the need of the customer first then customize a product based on the need. But before you can do all of that, you have to know and build a relationship with your customer first.
5.      Invest in yourself. Knowing this is important, I enrolled myself for an MBA degree in a highly respected business school. I also attend trainings at work that will also be very helpful.
6.      Be accessible. Our financial advisors at work always contact me through my office number and mobile phone. I always check my work and personal email everyday.
What qualities of an entrepreneur are not yet with you?
1.      Manage money wisely. I've learned this in our family business but I need to learn this on a personal level. I know what to prioritize but when temptation comes in, it becomes hard to say no. I think when I learn how to do this on myself; it will be very helpful when I already have my own business.
2.      Become a shameless self-promoter. When we organize trainings at work or any events, I always want to be part of the support team. I'm not really into dealing with people or standing in front of the crowd.
3.      Level the playing field with technology. There are a lot of new technologies that are coming in. I know that I can use this technology as a part of strategy for our family business, but the problem arises when it comes to the implementation part.
4.      Master the art of negotiation. In our family business, it is my mother who does the negotiations all the time. Although I observe the process since I was a kid, it is still different when I have to apply and do it on my own. <late 2> please email your nu 12 to the right address. tnx


No comments:

Post a Comment