Social Icons

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Health Is Wealth

Heart Attacks and Strokes are Preventable

Health is Wealth.  That is why my other blog is about biking.  I work very hard to stay healthy.

And I often say, what good is your accumulated assets if you are not healthy to enjoy it?

 On the other hand, health care is a big business.

The number cause of death in US and in the Philippines is cardio vascular disease.  I recently saw a free video by Dr. Chaucey Crandall, who himself had a heart attack on how to prevent heart attack:

The two major causes in the US are:( In some countries and societies, there are no heart attacks?! Surprise?)

l.  High fat and sugar diet

2.  Inflammation.

We really have to be choosy and careful on what we eat.  Last Christmas, I ate just 4 pcs of lechon and 2 left over portions of roast beef (all very fatty), and the following day, I was dizzy and my bp was at l50/l00 ( my normal bp is ll0/70)

The cause of heart disease and degenerative diseases are the same.

This is how you can lessen heart attacks/stroke:

l.  Exercise

2.  Stop smoking

3.  Lessen fat and sugar intake. Have a healthy diet.

4.  Have your good and bad cholesterol measured.  Be watchful if you have pattern B bad cholesterol

Heart bypass is the last resort.  Stent and angioplasty are less tramautic

Please click the link to the video:

Dr. Crandall's Video on Prevention of Heart Disease

No comments:

Post a Comment