Social Icons

Monday, May 7, 2012

: Factors Paper: Andrew Chua

Resending..



From: Andrew Chua <champoinks@yahoo.com>
To: "profjorge.entrep.jorgeus@blogger.com" <profjorge.entrep.jorgeus@blogger.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 12:15 PM
Subject: Factors Paper: Andrew Chua


Factors Paper: Andrew Chua

            The qualities of an entrepreneur I've found on the internet are disciplined, confidence, open minded, self starter, competitive, creativity, determination, strong people skills, strong work ethic, and passion.  I already have some of them which are good for a start.
            I am disciplined.  I list down my goals and created strategies for them.  I also create schedules to make sure I would be able to do every step needed.  It is important for me to have discipline to make sure that I get closer and closer to my goal every single day.
            I have confidence.  It is because I know that I have the tools to become successful.  I graduated college and now taking up MBA.  With these, I am more optimistic and gained additional probability in being a successful entrepreneur.
I am open minded.  I always look into ideas provided by other people.  Being open minded, makes an entrepreneur open to ideas being generated about efficiency, people skills, and new businesses,
I am not a self starter.  I don't usually volunteer to do something when others are around to do so.  Maybe because I am usually busy, I just let others be the hero.  But for an entrepreneur, being the hero also means opportunity to make money.
I am competitive.  I am competitive in the fields that I like to do.  In business, the more competitive we are, the more chances we will survive and outperform competitors.
I am creative.  I was able to show my creativity when I prepared a snow man made of cheese for our Entrep Masterchef class.  Being creative is a factor which helps bring out innovation and competitiveness to an entrepreneur.
I am determined.  I do not give up easily.  I noticed it in solving school problems, my classmates usually give up first before I do.  I think it is important in business, because failure is part of it.  Sometimes we have to fail, before we can succeed.
I don't have strong people skills.  I usually don't talk a lot when with a big group of people.  I am more comfortable with small groups.  Also, I am not good at telling stories about anything.  But I know people skills are important for entrepreneurs to be able to reach out to their network of suppliers, clients, etc.
I have strong work ethic.  I followed the values in the previous company I worked at, such as: excellence, frugality, honesty and integrity, humility to listen and learn, spirit of family and fun.  Work ethics is needed to build long term relationships with existing and future partners.
I don't have passion.  Maybe it's because I have not started being an entrepreneur yet.  It is important for an entrepreneur to be passionate with his business. Because being so, makes it easier for one to get through obstacles.
Having seven out of the ten factors of an entrepreneur, I have to focus on the three factors that I don't have yet.  Then, I will be more equipped to being an entrepreneur.<3 late>

Reference:


No comments:

Post a Comment